Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coloring Away the COPD

I am in the process of redecorating my home. What fun!!! The redecorating of my home is so helpful to me and to my health. My breathing is coming easier than it has in a long while. I owe that to color. I would like to share some insight about color. Some of it is excertped from an article and some of it is my own insight.

Color can nurture your soul as food nourishes your body.

Color can be a tremendous Ch'i enhancement when you love it, or cause a real depletion in energy if you don't.

If a color bugs you, get rid of it. It could save your marriage or your sanity or both.
What color is the COPD that lives in your body? You know what to do with that color, right? Color it and release it to the Universe. They know what to do with disease out there in the Universe. Inhale the colors that feed your health. Exhale the colored COPD.

Determine what colors are your favorites. Which ones feed you right down to your bones, and energize and heal you? Whatever colors they are, make sure that you have them somewhere in your environment. Make sure you breathe them into your lungs, those healthy colors that heal and energize.

Choose items in your colors, such as fabrics, vases, dishes, and flowers, and place them where they can feed you with a glance.

Stay within the palette you are attracted to, and your color choices will create an atmosphere you'll enjoy every day.

Be sure to choose those colors that make you feel healthier for in feeling healthier, you become healthier.

Portions excerpted from the article:Color, Nature, & Sound for a harmonious home by Kathryn Collins.